90% "of our happiness" is determined by how we view the world 'internally'.-Sahwn Achor
- Record 3 new things that you’re grateful for (this will rewire your brain to recognize and look for the positive)
- Journal about one positive experience you’ve had (this will help your brain to relive that positive memory, in lieu of the negative or embarrassing ones we tend to remember instead)
- Exercise (this teaches your brain that you’re behavior matters – the key with this is to do manageable amounts of exercise every day (one day could – and should – be a stretching day). You don’t want to burn yourself out. You’re teaching yourself discipline, and proving to yourself that you can follow through on your promises)
- Meditation (this will help you to get over the cultural ADHD that exists all around us, and will allow your body and mind to focus on the task at hand).
- Random Acts of Kindness (when you open your e-mail, or twitter, or facebook, write one positivepost or e-mail that praises or thanks someone in your social support network…. I wonder if that’s what Linda was doing when she wrote me that lovely e-mail).