Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone -G.B. SternEverywhere on this day, the after-war continues, as eternally as war itself ― David FinkelAs we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. -John F. Kennedy
The celebration of motherhood occurs throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration. Is Mother's day a Hallmark creation?
Mother's day is a great time to notice and give motherly love to the children without mothers. 293,000 children enter foster care each year in US - 130,000 children waiting for ..
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" -Dr. Martin Luther King
- At 33, he was pressing the case of civil rights with President John Kennedy
- At 34, he galvanized the nation with his "I Have a Dream" speech
- At 35, he won the Nobel Peace Prize
- At 39, he was assassinated, but he left a legacy of hope and inspiration that continues
A study conducted in 2007, by Richard Wisemen, from the University of Bristol showed that 78% of those who set New Year's resolutions fail, and those who succeed have 5 traits in common
- Focus on one resolution at a time, with short realization or milestones of 2-6 weeks
- Planning in advance, time to reflect and focus with clarity and commit to take action
- Avoid repeating a previous resolutions or at least try a different technique to succeed
Today is the 25th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall that was erected in 1961 to stop the mass exodus of people fleeing Soviet East Berlin for West Berlin and the non-Communist world. The wall was a mass of concrete, barbed wire, and stone that cut into the heart of the city, separating families and friends