Bucket List: Living on your own terms
The days go by, the weeks, the months, and the years. We find ourselves caught up in the everyday, thinking we have more time to achieve our wishes and dreams. Telling ourselves if we could find more time maybe next month or next year we will finally get to do all “things” that have been impressed upon our hearts. We let time slip away and we find that we are older and tired but fact of the matter is not that we are older, or that we are tired but we allow our circumstances limit us.
I found myself going through the motions; wishing and desiring not to experience another day with regrets, wanting to live my life. I am writing this to dare you to move and rise to the occasion. Don’t let tragedies, pain, suffering, or the last moments of your life, be your “awakening”. Take hold of your life on your own terms!
Do you want to know how to take hold of your life? It is really simple (like most empowering and life changing events) create a list of all things you want to do before you die. And then go out and do them! If there is a “will” there is a way! Most of you know this list as a “Bucket List”. Yes, it is that simple.
I know some of you fear that you are incapable of achieving your dreams, telling yourself, “I am not that person” or “I can’t do that” or "what will my family, friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife think of me?" I will tell you a little secret, it doesn’t matter what they think, because it is not about them. Remember, I am not telling you to let go of all responsibilities. I am sharing with you that it is okay to have balanced life, to be a whole person and be fulfilled.
There are so many ways to create a “Bucket List”. You can create video, poster board of pictures, a list on a piece paper, or posting your wishes on Wishes4life. Whatever the medium you choose to help you get started in writing your bucket list, ask yourself these questions:
- What are the one day to live wishes you would grant, for another person?
- Who are the people you like to show gratitude towards?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
- What are the places you want to visit?
- Are there any special moments you want to witness?
- What would you like to say/do together with other people? People you love? Family? Friends?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas: Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health (Your weight, Fitness level), and Spiritual?
All of us at some point in our lives are compelled to dream and desire for more than what our daily lifes have to offer. Take advantage of this very moment and take the first step of creating a bucket list and see for yourself, your wishes and dreams become a reality.
For those who have seized the day "Carpe Diem" I encourage you to take this opportunity and inpsire others.