My experience in childhood and with fatherhood is that kids don't listen to what you say, they watch what you do and follow your example.
What Is A Dad?
A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes but instead lets you find your own way, even though his heart breaks in silence when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail.- unknown
Happy Father's Day!
STATISTICS FOR CHILDREN WITHOUT FATHERS
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) -- 5 times the average.
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes -- 32 times the average.
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes -- 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes -- 14 times the average. (Justice and Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes -- 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average. (Rainbows for All God’s Children)
- 70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S.Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
- 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes -- 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Dept. of Correction)